The 59th Annual EDLU Race is on Saturday, May 10th. The official race information page is here: http://www.larchmontyc.org/racing/2014Edlu.shtml
Dock Call is 7 AM at McMichael’s on Saturday May 10.
McMichael’s address is 447 East Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543
We need to lug sails and prep boat for approximately 1 hour and then motor to starting area and assess sailing conditions and set a sail prior to the 9 AM start.
Current known crew for EDLU Race (as of April 22, 2014) will be:
- H.L. DeVore (100%)
- Katie DeVore (tentative until last minute, hopeful father)
- Pete (100%)
- Bill (100%)
- Markus (100%)
- John (100%)
- Dan (100%)
- Jared (100%
- Gerry (100%)
- John Mawe (100%) – H.L. LYC friend
- Karen H. from – Bill S. friend/co-worker
- Alex Fallon (Dan’s son)
Bermuda Crew unable to attend:
- Steve C. (definite no, will be sunbathing in banana hammock with elderly Floridians)
- Kevin F. (definite no, will be hanging with the armadillos in Texas)
- Hank (can’t come will be in Chicago 4-21-14)
More information on the race and the schedule: The race is a 32 nautical mile race. There is a barbecue and awards starting at 6:30pm per the notice of race. When we finish obvious depend upon the wind 32 miles can be covered in as quickly as 4 hours or as long as….? 10+ There is a time limit on this race which expires at 7pm.
Course out is 84, course back is 264